I’m several weeks behind with posts about our Sunday dinners. This pizza party occurred two Sundays ago. I have pictures from earlier Sunday dinners that I haven’t posted yet either, so I’ll eventually get back on track and post them all…though probably not in any particular order.
Anyway, that particular Sunday, we were pizza making machines. We had so many different ingredients–enough to make tons of different pizzas!
Here is what we used for our pizzas:
- a bunch of pizza crusts (some spelt, some wheat)
- homemade tofu ricotta, soy mozzarella, basil pesto, tomato sauce, pecan balls
- Tofurkey sausage, 2 jars of different olive tapenades from Whole Foods
- basil, oregano, garlic, onions, cherry tomatoes, kale, chard, eggplant, squash, mushrooms, black olives, pine nuts
- broccoli, shredded carrots, avocado, cauliflower, radishes, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, and tofutti cream cheese with paprika and other spices (for our raw pizza–sorry, no picture of this one.)
My roommate made these wonderful creations. She’s amazing.
Red cabbage coleslaw with raisins and balsamic vinegar
Fruit pizza: large vegan sugar cookie topped with raspberry syrup and tofutti cream cheese dressing, kiwi, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, apples, and pineapple mint!
Now everybody make some pizza dough of your own and start making pizzas. It’s super fun and easy.
Vegan Pizza Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups flour (spelt is amazing and turns out a little more crispy, but wheat is good too).
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tb yeast
- some salt
- some agave
- some fresh rosemary
- some fennel seeds or sesame seeds